When it comes to uncertainty, you can either be paralyzed by it or take ownership of it. The decision is yours.
How have you calculated for uncertainty sparked by COVID-19 and its consequences? Is your organization monitoring the convergence of macro forces of change, shifting human behavior, complex technology ecosystems, and organizational decisions within and outside your industry?
Heightened uncertainty demands a thorough interrogation of the present and deep consideration of the future. Whereas previous futures discussions might have focused on 5 – 10 years from now, we now must also consider the next 6, 12, and 18 months.
Regardless of timeline, futures and foresight techniques can help you better anticipate, prepare for, and thrive in uncertain environments.
This event included a webinar, a Q&A session, and an informal discussion and opportunity to mingle with the panelists and other attendees in lieu of an in-person networking session. The added networking session was not recorded.
Who should watch?
- Leaders who want to understand how they can Future Proof® their organizations
- Those involved in scenario and strategic planning and who want to account for future uncertainty in near-term plans
- People who manage the planning process to see how longer-term foresight can be incorporated into the process
What you will leave with an understanding of:
- Futures & foresight, and its role in strategic planning with examples of success and failures
- How to apply futures principles to planning for and through COVID-19
- How scenario planning is used to guide near-term actions in uncertain environments